>

Friday, December 13, 2013

Let's Go To the Mines, Book Digging!

Assalamualaikum and hi there friends.
I WAS SO HAPPY YESTERDAY. I went to Kay El. Can you guess for what?
........
.....
........
THAT'S RIGHT! I went to the book fairs.
(Dora mimicking, success.)
I used the Commuter to Bandar Tasik Selatan then the Monorail to PWTC. There was a One Malaysia Book Expo or something like that?



 (look at how tall she is. She is only 10. TEN!)










It was all Malay books; for except one or two. Other than that, the discounts were only like 10%. More or less. I was in despair. It was then I had thoughts like 'This Expo is forlorn', 'I wish Dinie's father wasn't sick', 'Why didn't I come to KL sooner' and 'What if I go to Big Bad Wolf now?'.
My father, he was like reading my mind, you know and he knew I was regretting coming to KL.(Of course I was going to; I was going to go home empty-handed!) So my father suggested we go to The Mines.
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO. A big big grin lit my face.
AND OFF WE WENT.
To Serdang then,.... at the station, we wondered how could we go to The Mines, in one piece. It was like 2 kms and all three of us didn't feel like walking; but if we take the taxi, it will probably cost RM 10 or more because of the complicated road. Look at how easy they described walking 2 kms.
WALK ACROSS.
WALK ACROSS THE SUPER DUPER BUSY ROAD AFTER WALKING 2 KMs AND DON'T FORGET TO GET HIT!
I think that is how it should write.
and that was EXACTLY what we did; except for the get hit part, I mean, Alhamdulillah...
At The Mines, we went to the exhibition hall and it was HUMONGOUS. Only God knows how happy I am being tiny in the gigantic piles of books and boxes.


and I am sure Dinie felt the same :D.
We stopped when our legs could not carry us anymore. It was a great experience and I will surely be here next year and the year after that and the year after that and after that until forever. ~


With only less than RM 50 spent, we decided to head back to KTM Serdang. With a happy heart like that, I didn't mind walking 3 kms back. But the problem was both my father and sister was frazzled. Lucky for us, the information counter lady suggested we take the water taxi. Wait, what? WATER TAXI? We walked 2kms when we could actually sit back and relax on a 5 minute water taxi ride from KTM Serdang to The Mines. Only RM 2 per person. Good we knew or we would be walking to and fro. Thank you, information counter lady. You saved our legs. So guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE note that there is a water taxi from KTM Serdang to The Mines, okay?





Conclusion: These are all the books we brought back.










Alhamdulillah,...
AIN

0 Comment(s):